You have no items in your shopping cart.
The Best Form of Vitamin A to Repair and Restore Skin
DR GARRY CUSSELL
We’ve found the best form of Vitamin A to improve your skin, without any redness or irritation.
Vitamin A is an important ingredient in your skincare routine, but you may not know how it works to improve your skin. We’ve broken down what Vitamin A is, how it works, why other products on the market may not be meeting the mark and last of all what Rejuvaus has discovered to revolutionise Vitamin A.
First things first, what is Vitamin A?
Vitamin A (which is Retinol/ Retinoic acid) is a nutrient that plays an important role in our vision, growth, cell division, reproduction and immunity.
Why is Vitamin A the most important ingredient in skincare
Vitamin A is considered the most important active ingredient in skincare by all dermatologist and skin care doctors. It is the only proven skincare ingredient that has stood the test of time over decades to be the most effective and favourite ingredient to care for your skin.
This is because Vitamin A can treat not only the epidermal skin layer (the outermost layer of your skin) but also contribute to skin collagen product beneath this layer.
The best form of Vitamin A
To improve the skin, Vitamin A should be in the form of Retinoic acid. The problem is that Retinoic acid when applied directly to the skin can cause irritation, redness, inflammation, peeling and itchy skin.
The acid also significantly increases the skin’s sensitivity to UV energy, meaning it should not be used in the morning when spending the day outside. Unfortunately, most people can build a tolerance to the Retinoic acid form of Vitamin A over weeks and months when applying once or twice weekly.
The other forms of Vitamin A, which are retinol and Retinyl derivatives are much weaker than Retinoic acid but still cause the same intolerance and side-effects. These forms are not super effective because they are not directly absorbed as Retinoic Acid.
At Rejuvaus we made a revolutionary discovery. We’ve found the best form of Vitamin A to improve your skin’s complexion without causing redness or irritation.
Rejuvaus Encapsulated Retinaldehyde
For Retinoic Acid to perform at its best and not cause skin irritation, it must first be converted to Retinaldehye and then into Retinoic acid once it’s in the skin.
Where many Vitamin A skincare products go wrong, is that this conversion does not occur, meaning the product is not doing the job it is supposed to.The Rejuvaus superior ingredient of vitamin A is in the direct form of Retinaldehyde.
We discovered by encapsulating the Retinaldehyde it can be stored in the skin cells and released slowly and progressively over eight hours.
Vitamin A benefits
- No skin inflammation, redness, irritation or peeling.
- Tolerated well by most skin types.
- 50 times stronger than the typical retinol ingredient found in other more advanced cosmeceutical serums containing Vitamin A.
- Doesn’t cause sensitivity to UV
- Can (and should) be used twice daily
- Safe for pregnancy, as studies have shown it is not absorbed into the blood stream like other forms of Vitamin A.
Ultimately, Rejuvaus’ encapsulated 1% Retinaldehyde enables you to get the maximum benefits of Vitamin A to repair and restore your skin.
How Vitamin A repairs and restores skin
There are so many visible benefits from using Rejuvaus’ superior Encapsulated Retinaldehyde Vitamin A.
- Both superficial and deep collagen (DNA and RNA metabolic activity) stimulation.
- The only ingredient proven to help fine lines and wrinkles.
- Reversal of radical damage caused by UV and other environmental hazards.
- Regulation of oil control and improvement in acne congestion and inflammation.
- Helps to restore skin barrier, to further protect and repair external damage and signs of ageing.
- Helps to reduce increased pigmentation
- Helps to reduce redness and vascular damage to capillaries and helps with inflammatory conditions such as rosacea.
Rejuvaus Vitamin ABC Antioxidant Serum
The Rejuvaus Vitamin ABC Antioxidant Serum not only contains 1% pure Retinaldehyde in the encapsulated form, but also contains the richest form of well-tolerated and deeply penetrating Vitamin C (Kakadu plum 5%) and the strongest and most active form of Vitamin B (Niacinamide 5%).
These actions include:
- Pigment regulators
- Growth factors and collagen peptides
- True hydrators and moisturisers that repair the skin barrier
- Many anti-inflammatory ingredients
- Powerful pre and probiotics to repair and main a normalised skin microbiome
- Exfoliants for deeper penetration of active ingredients
This single serum can be used as a standalone repair and maintenance serum, or combined with other Rejuvaus serums, UV protection and creams.
We recommend applying an effective mineral sunscreen, found in the Rejuvaus Super Moisturising UV Lotion Physical Sunblock after applying your serum to get you ready for the day.
Dr Garry Cussell
Dr. Garry Cussell strongly believes everyone's skin can look beautiful at any age regardless of their history, and that lasting beauty comes from within. We enable anyone to achieve professional results safely and easily in the comfort of their own homes.
Dr Cussell is the founder of Rejuvaus Skincare and Rejuvenation Clinics of Australia. He is a member of the Australasian Society of Cosmetic Medicine and has been a qualified cosmetic practitioner for over 37 years.
He is a leading cosmetic medicine expert in a wide range of non-surgical skin procedures such as skin tightening and strengthening, stem cell and growth factor skin, and skin repair lasers.